Wednesday, 31st May, 2017
1pm – 5pm
Crazy Whist Day
Wadham House - 52 Wadham Street, Mt Waverley
Bring a Plate - $2:00
See 'News & Events' tab for more details
The Following Resolutions Were Passed at the WRAG Special General Meeting 3 May 2017
- Membership Fees (Rule 12) - 2018 - The Annual Membership Fee for 2018 will be $15. Members paying the Annual Membership Fee before the commencement of the Financial year 1 January 2018 will still only pay $10.
- Special General Meetings (Rule 31) - Future Annual General Meetings and Special General Meetings will continue to be held as daytime meetings. Instead of holding Quarterly meetings, including one Annual General Meeting, the Committee proposes to hold two Special General Meetings a year, including the Annual General Meeting.
- Committee Positions (Rule 44) will be reduced to: President, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Officer, Newsletter Publisher, Website Officer, Guest Speaker Organiser, Welfare Officer and Catering Officer. (The positions of Vice President, - Event Co-Ordinator, and Publicity Officer, are all abolished. Members Records Officer combined with Treasurer).
- WRAG Annual Christmas Function - The next Christmas function, will be a lunch held at a Function Room at the Riversdale Golf Club on 18 December 2017 at 12 noon with an estimated cost of $30 or $35 per person, entertainer and organisation details will be published in due course.
Welcome to Waverley Retirement Activities Group
Do you live in or around the City of Monash or Waverley/Glen Waverley area in Melbourne, Australia? Some 30% of our members live outside the City of Monash.
Are you over 50, a "senior citizen", an "older-adult," a "baby-boomer," or either retired, or contemplating retirement?
Looking for friendly company. Want to keep active by partaking in group social activities, for example playing cards, having a chat over a cuppa, enjoying a meal at lunch club, friendly table-tennis, mahjong, golf, old time movies, bus trips, or joining the walkers? Join WRAG and enjoy!
Over 25 group activities to choose from.
Our activities are held in Council halls, private homes and public places. We get together at the quarterly General Meetings (to find out what's happening , to listen to an interesting talk, or presentation, or for some entertainment), at our two Games Nights a year, and of course, at our Christmas Social.
New activities can be added. If your favourite group activity is not on our list, you can start it. If you already run a group activity that is not on our list, you may consider becoming an affiliate group and get more members from WRAG. Enquire now.
What do you want to do? Exercise? - we have 8 Exercise & Sport Activity Groups. Play games? - we have 8 Games Activity Groups that play on most days of the week. Go on trips and outings? - 7 Activity Groups to get you out and about. Four Casino bus trip outings a year.
Special interests, like music, travel , movies, or bird watching? - we have Groups for these too.
Meet people and have a chat? - the Cafe or Daytime Outing Groups may be just what you're looking for!
Click on the Activities link to check them all out. The benefits of joining WRAG include:
- Friendly people. Good company.
- Fun activities for both the body and the brain.
- Transport arranged if you don't have a car.
- Quarterly newsletter to keep you informed.
Very low membership fee. ($5 to join. $10 ongoing annual fee.) No waiting list. Come along and try out any of the activities before you join.