Go to the ‘News & Events’ tab to locate a link to the WRAG 45th Anniversary Presidents Speech, incorporating the Cliff Imer 45th Anniversary Historical Oration
6th April 2020 – WRAG Annual General Meeting and Annual Convenor’s Meeting Mt Waverley Youth Centre – Miller Cescent – 3:30 PM Monday 6 April 2020 Please contact Secretary Roel vont Steen for nomination forms and any Agenda Items by Monday 30 March 2020 on firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. Due to the Coronavirus Restrictions – The WRAG Management Committee have agreed to cancel the WRAG AGM and the Annual Convenor’s Meeting.
The committee are further proposing that due to the extraordinary circumstances the following should apply;
- All FIVE current incumbents of the positions of : President/Web Site Editor – Terry Spicer, Secretary – Roel Von’t Steen, Treasurer/Membership Officer – Erica Johnson, Welfare Officer – Mary Parker, Newsletter Editor/Catering Officer – Nicole Spicer, will be re-elected unopposed for the 2020/2021 WRAG financial year.
- The above is subject to there being no less than 5% of financial members objecting to the re-election of all WRAG Management position incumbents.
- In the event of there being 5% or more (9) financial members whom object, elections for all positions will be re-scheduled in accordance with standard rules and procedures.
Please review the ‘Activity Groups’ tab for details of other WRAG Group cancellations, changes etc.
ACTIVITY GROUP CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
Given that all WRAG Members are included in the highest risk Vulnerability potential, all but our Tuesday Orienteering Walking Group have cancelled all WRAG activities UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Welcome to Waverley Retirement Activities Group
Do you live in or around the City of Monash or Waverley/Glen Waverley area in Melbourne, Australia? Some 30% of our members live outside the City of Monash.
Are you over 50, a “senior citizen”, an “older-adult,” a “baby-boomer,” or either retired, or contemplating retirement?
Looking for friendly company. Want to keep active by participating in group social activities. For example playing cards, having a chat over a cuppa, enjoying a meal, friendly table-tennis, badminton, scrabble, 500, Mah Jong, golf, or joining the walkers? Join WRAG and enjoy!
15 group activities to choose from.
Our activities are held in Council halls, private homes and public places. We get together at the annual General Meeting, Melbourne Cup Eve Picnic, and at our two Games afternoons a year, and of course, at our Christmas Social.
New activities can be added. If your favourite group activity is not on our list, you can start it. If you already run a group activity that is not on our list, you may consider becoming an affiliate group and get more members from WRAG. Enquire now.
What do you want to do? Exercise? – we have 6 Exercise & Sport Activity Groups. Play games? – we have 7 Games Activity Groups who play on most days of the week.
Meet people and have a chat? – the Daytime Outing Groups may be just what you’re looking for!
Click on the Activities link to check them all out. The benefits of joining WRAG include:
- Friendly people. Good company.
- Fun activities for both the body and the brain.
- Transport arranged if you don’t have a car.
- Quarterly newsletter to keep you informed.
Very low membership fee. ($10 to join. $15 ongoing annual fee from 1 January 2020.) No waiting list. Come along and try out any of the activities before you join.
Waverley Retirement Activities Group Inc. (WRAG) began in April, 1974 …
We have 15 Activity Groups and around 40 Group activities each month.
News & Events
Quarterly WRAG News, media releases and local newspaper articles.